Wednesday, October 13, 2010

12th Day - Ventana

Today we held our first banquet – something called Student (something of other…I’ll ask and update to correct it) LOL!! – This is a time that the new students come in the restaurant and enjoy the food production we prepared. It was so sweet to see so many excited faces, newbie’s to Le Cordon Bleu, we were those excited faces not too long ago. We are still excited! Being a part of the Le Cordon Bleu family has been an extreme pleasure for me. We’ve worked so hard to be here in the restaurant. Today we heard again, how many students make it this far, I think the number is something like 60% make it to Ventana. I know we had six drop from my class alone. We were also reminded if you show up for class, you will pass. Listen to those words – show up, you are paying for this education! You miss so much when you are absent! And trust me, this coming from someone who hasn’t missed a single day – but had friends miss days, due to all types of issues. They usually missed productions that were part of our final practical!


Yesterday was a huge prep day –

I made the rice pilaf for the banquet – two full hotel pans. And in the process managed to burn my fingers – on both hands! Yes, I was paying attention, but for some reason my mind still thinks that certain handles are still ok to touch, even if they are IN.THE.OVEN! Making rice pilaf is easy – and it is something we made a lot of while we were in the kitchens during our class productions. But, usually not in this amount! LOL

I volunteered to serve the Tomato Soup – it was served in white coffee cups with a crouton topped off with pesto. It was very simple, yet very elegant.


At the end of the service, one student – only one student walked over and shook our hands and told us that he very much enjoyed the food…even though he did not like tomato soup. He was very polite!

No comments:

Post a Comment