Friday, October 15, 2010

Back of House - getting caught up

Grill - wasn't busy at all - thank god! I prepped four portobellas ahead of time - just in case.

Three orders of lamb and one order of ribs! That's it, I admit, the grill and I need some work...

Sauté - Is a busy station! I was much busier on sauté than the grill! I had no issues with the trout! Look out, I can sauté fish! The same trout dish was very similar to my International Trout final!

But sautéed chicken... I know how, yet it still stressed me out! I watch Hell's Kitchen! I never wanna serve under cooked chicken! I really enjoyed the sauté station! And out of all the dishes, I believe you get more for your money when ordering the chicken!

Garde Manger - did this station twice and again, I enjoyed this station!

Dessert - thank god I couldn't afford the P and B certificate at LCB! As much as I love baking and as much as I loved our 14 days in Pastry and Baking... I've realized, it's not for me! It took me two stages in two different directions to come to this conclusion. OMG, I never wanna be that sticky! Not even in the real world - BUT, if needed I can step up and preform as a pastry/baker - dessert plater person.

Lead - oh what fun, that is after I called to fire the first tickets...before they received their salads! Sorry, hope they enjoyed their food! LOL!! Once I was shown the correct way - it was fun!

My final day back of house was on the fryer - I enjoyed the fryer.

It was also my last official day of wearing my Le Cordon Bleu uniform - a bitter sweet day.

Next week I move to the front of house - with a white button down and a black tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment