Monday, September 27, 2010

1st Day - Ventana

Ventana is closed on Monday's. We use this day to prep for Tuesday. Today I was in charge of prepping Cotelettes de Porc Braisees a l'Orientale and the English translation is Honey-Hoisin Glazed Baby-Back Ribs with Asian Cole Slaw.

So, today I prepped the ribs, the Honey-Hoisin Glaze and the Asian Vinaigrette - I started off all over the place, the term "Mis en Place" meant nothing to me today. No, really, it meant nothing. That term was not a part of my prep! And if it had been, it didn't matter, I had to adapt, I had a broken blender and the Honey-Hoisin Glaze leaked out everywhere...and still tasted great, but made a huge mess!

Today kicked my butt, but I loved it! I'm not a morning person, I've never been a morning person and I probably will never be one...but I do enjoy having the afternoons and evenings to spend with my kids! I will adapt! Ok, so I'll adapt as long as I have a latte or two...ok, ok, three or four - look if it keeps me awake and not grouchy...don't complain! LOL

See you tomorrow, and by the way, I always arrive at 7:15am – class starts at 8am!

No comments:

Post a Comment