Tuesday, September 28, 2010

2nd Day - Ventana

Today we open – we what? Yep, today we open Ventana to our guest. Today I was supposed to be the roundsman/prep, but got moved to the Pantry/Garde Manger position. Oh yes, let the fun begin! And I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t flipping the heck out – unlike some of my classmates, I have NEVER worked in a restaurant. NEVER! I’m not too sure we could count Burger King as a true restaurant. I was told by the assistant manager of BK that I would never amount to him – I never wanted to be an assistant manager to BK. So, yeah, he was right! LOL

Today, I was in charge of plating the Les Escargots en Croute, Gazpacho Andalouse, Salade Maraichere, and Salade de Laitue a la Sauce de Fromage Bleu. And, yes, the amuse bouche, too!

I learned that working the Pantry/Garde Manger – was a lot about listening. Restaurants can be loud and if you’re not paying attention or are hard of hearing it can be difficult during certain times. You are the first course to your guest’s meal!

I really enjoyed this position in – Kitchen Ventana!

No comments:

Post a Comment