Wednesday, September 29, 2010

3rd Day - Ventana

So, today a couple of people were absent and I was going to be sent to the grill – and just as I’m asking the person from yesterday for help, I got sent to amuse bouche. Amuse what? OMG, I do not think on the fly – I can’t, yet. Amuse Bouche, simply means, one bite, or small bite. Sounds easy enough, right? Again, my mind was not wrapping around this one bite thing! I know I asked, what is here to whip up with a concerned look on my face. Please don’t take the looks on my face as…I’m lost. I’m not; it is just me processing ideas. I’m really ok; I’m not giving you a “lost dumbass in the kitchen look”… I’ll figure it out. I know, the looks on my face have scared off a few chefs – they ran from the kitchen screaming, and none has heard from them since. I’m guessing they are sitting on a bamboo lounge sipping on a mai tai on an island far from here. I wish they’d reply to my friend request on facebook!

Today, I had to whip up an amuse bouche – so on the fly, I came up with Italian sweet sausage, goat cheese with heavy cream, sautéed red onions ( I should have pickled them…) minced parsley and zested lemon. I don’t eat sausage, so I have no firsthand experience on if they tasted as well as everyone said. But, thank you to everyone that did taste test them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment