Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 1 - International Cuisine

And Tropical Storm Hermine -
It rained on my drive to school.
I parked rather close.
It rained while I was in school.
My parking spot was flooded.
I had to climb through the back door to get in the truck.
I was soaked to the bone - including shoes, socks, chef pants and coat, etc...
And it rained really hard on my drive home from school.
I had white knuckles.

Tonight we prepared foods from Russia and Eastern Europe. This class is a bit different than any other class at Le Cordon Bleu. We're in groups, each group is given a food to prepare and then we serve it family style (banquet style).

We produced:
Blini with Creme Fraiche and Salmon Caviar
Borscht
Golabki with Hungarian Potatoes
Sweet Plum Pierogi

I refused to try the Blini with Creme Fraiche and Salmon Caviar - with good reason...back when we were in our 101 class, a plate of these pretties came down and I grabbed one and tossed it in my mouth - I quickly realized what the hell it was and immediately started looking for something to spit it out in...and nicely without conflict! Dear God that was vile! So, lesson learned...LOL I'm not a fan of Salmon Caviar!

Our team produced the Borscht and I have to say, that was quite tasty. I'm not saying I'd make it again.

I'm pretty sure, I'd not make Hungarian Potatoes again, either. They were just ok.

Now, I will make Golabki again...stuffed cabbage rolls, those were really yummy!!

I didn't try the Sweet Plum Pierogi -

I did have a Meat Pierogi that was really delish!!

It is still pouring outside - weather says six inches so far

No comments:

Post a Comment